cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

How does Windchill handle UDFs in Family Tables?

Pettersson
13-Aquamarine

How does Windchill handle UDFs in Family Tables?

I have a customer who is working a lot with family tables and who is asking for some tips and tricks related to working in Creo. One thing that I was thinking of mentioning is using UDFs with family tables and referencing these in the part family tables. However, I'm hesitant to talk about this since the UDF needs to be in Creos UDF library to work. In my experience, if the UDF cannot be found in the library, Creo will not crash the part, but will simply not replace the geometry in the instance, meaning you get a part that looks like it worked fine, but has incorrect geometry.

I'm not working in Windchill, so I'm not sure how this is handled in Windchill. If I have a part with a family table that references a UDF family table, will I be able to make this work in Windchill if I just add the part to my workspace, make some changes and check it in? Will Windchill retrieve the UDF and put it in the UDF library? How does Windchill handle UDF:s?

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags