cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How hide planes when check in drawings at Windchill 10?

ptc-4547054
1-Newbie

How hide planes when check in drawings at Windchill 10?

Hi all, we are migrating ours data to Windchill 10 but we notice that are drawings with planes visible, so when WC generates the representations the datum planes are visible and there´s no way to hide it at Creoview.

I ask you if it´s possible use Modelcheck to hide the datums and how I have to configurate it?

Thanks in advance

Renaldo

9 REPLIES 9

Renaldo,

Take a look at this
http://www.jasedesign.com/content/profiles/profilesmagazine-modelcheck.pdf

Hope this helps,

Don Anderson

Don, thank you.

Don, I tryed the tutorial you sugested and it worked fine but I notice my drawings don´t have layers.

They use layer from 3D models and when I run drw mode modelcheck it doesn´t blank the layers (specified below). If I blank the layers at model it doesn´t affect drawing layer status.

Do you have any sugestion to resolve this issue? Should I move the datums to drw layer?

# DRAWING MODE START PART REPORT CONFIGURATION

DRW_LAYER 02___PRT_ALL_AXES BLANK DATUM_AXIS

DRW_LAYER 05___PRT_ALL_DTM_CSYS BLANK DATUM_CSYS

DRW_LAYER 01___PRT_ALL_DTM_PLN BLANK DATUM_PLANES

modelcheck - drw mode.png

Renaldo,

If I understand correctly you are controlling the drawing layers at the model/assembly level.
If the layers for the drawing are controlled at the model/assembly level then you will need to

turn the layers off at the model/assembly level.

Try using PRT_LAYER and ASM_LAYER to control your layers for the drawings.

If you want to control the drawing layers independently you can use the STD_DTL_SETUP in modelcheck to update your drawing dtl settings to change the draw_layer_overrides_model option for each drawing.

Hope this helps,

Don Anderson

Hi Renaldo,

if you need set same layer options for your model and drawing - do you need to set the drawing configuration option:

ignore_model_layer_status no

drw_layers.png

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

Vladimir,

I believe he is wanting to do this using modelcheck or batch modelcheck.
In that case the setting is controlled under draw_layer_overrides_model using the STD_DTL_SETUP in modelcheck.

ingnore_model_layer_status no Using modelcheck to change this setting you must look for draw_layer_overrides_model in the modelcheck settings.

Not sure why PTC is not referring to this setting using the same name in dialog box and in modelcheck.

Hope this helps,

Don

Dear Don,

the configuration option ingnore_model_layer_status no you can set for DTL file and it is works perfect in drawing mode (you are true - in session).

If it is work in batch mode, I think that Renaldo need to try

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

Hi Don and Vladimir, I appreciate yours contributions.

In fact, I´m going to configure the modelcheck to work with Windchill 10.

At this moment, the main obective is blank the planes at model and drawning files to avoid them to be included at representation.

I tryed the configurations suggested and I noticed I have to set ignore_model_layer_status and draw_layer_overrides_model as YES to make modelcheck works as I want.

By the way, I didn´t know the command STD_DTL_SETUP to override draw_layer_overrides_model. This will be very useful as you mentioned above because I intend to use batch mode.

Thank you both,

Renaldo

Hi Renaldo, You are welcome

Here is some information about STD_DTL_SETUP:

STD_DTL_SETUP.png

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy
Top Tags