cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How long does it take?

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

How long does it take?

I kicked off the Windchill Performance Advisor in Preview Data mode over 2 hours ago and it is still thinking.

That doesn't sound like something that I want to be using.

7 REPLIES 7

Can you please confirm, the options selected on Windchill Performance Advisor windows for preview? 

Can you please confirm, if you see preview taking time after de-selecting "System customization report"

Thanks

Hi Ben,
I've been using PA for Creo since July 2016 and, after some initial issues, sending data now works smoothly.

The same cannot be said for PA for Windchill.
While I admit that the tool gives important information, and several times I have applied the recommendations that came from PTC, at least once a year the information, which is sent correctly towards PTC, is however not loaded in my dashboard for weeks.

The reasons are many, the last one (for which I have an open call since March, still without a solution) should depend on the fact that, at each purchase of a subscription license, the SCN contained in the files sent via PSM (PTC System Monitor) changes his number.

At this moment, even though I'm sending correctly the files to PTC, the last data uploaded in my dashboard are dated August 14th.

Marco

Hi Marco,

I will be happy to assist if you are facing any problem. Could you please share the case ID or incident ID?

Unlike Creo, Windchill server has some restrictions on port being open or blocked on the machine where server is running. Hence if the port is blocked, the report is not sent to PTC.

May I know which gadget or dashboard you don't see being populated with latest data? Is it Feature Usage?

Aniruddha

Hi Aniruddha,

case is C15800179 and yes is about Feature Usage.

But, as you can see on attached images, now are more than two months than no data are loaded on my dashboard even if they were successfully sent to PTC.

You can find more details directly in my written comments in the case.

Marco_Tosin_0-1635336024295.png

Marco_Tosin_1-1635336154329.png

Marco

Thanks Marco,

I will look into the case and provide you feedback.

Aniruddha

Hi Marco,

I checked that both the SCNs which you are using or provided in case are correct.

Please note that the data used for Feature Usage dashboard no longer uses PSM data. It uses the UI telemetry (Feature Usage report) introduced in 12.0.1.0 release.

http://support.ptc.com/help/windchill/ptc_perf_adv/en/index.html#page/performance_advisor%2Fwhatsnew_FeatureUsage.html%23

https://support.ptc.com/help/wnc/r12.0.1.0/en/#page/Windchill_Help_Center%2FWCSysAdminQualityAgentFeatureReport.html%23

If you are on on 12.0.1.0 + release, PTC suggests to opt-in to feature usage report from Windchill performance advisor.

For sizing recommendation, although it uses PSM data now, PTC is planning to change the data source in next 4 months.

Thank you for your co-operation

Aniruddha

Hi Aniruddha,

I'm still on version 11.1 M020.

Even on that version data used for Feature Usage dashboard no longer uses PSM data?

Thanks for your help

Marco
Top Tags