cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How long time will it take for all gadgets to be populated with data?

nkannik
7-Bedrock

How long time will it take for all gadgets to be populated with data?

We have been uploading data from our Windchill server for 1 month and 24 days, but still not all gadgets are populated with data.

Is this normal? and if yes how long time will it take for all gadgets to be populated with data?

I also noted that some gadgets state that they have not been updated for 41 days:

2017-07-25_08-58-27.png

Even when we upload data daily, weekly etc:

2017-07-25_08-59-53.png

Is it just me beeing impatient ? 🙂

Thanks in advance for any feedback or experience.

11 REPLIES 11

Hi @nkannik,

I'm sorry to hear about this. Surely this isn't anything to do with impatience. You've already given the infrastructure plenty of time to get up to speed.

I'd like our Support Team, in conjunction with the Performance Advisor team to handle this issue, and ensure the issue is fixed for all customers, so I've opened case 13783373 on your behalf.

Thanks,
Peter

Hi @nkannik,

The issue has been identified, we will fix it very soon.

But having said this, the workaround has been applied and you should be able to see the data on gadgets from tomorrow.

Thanks,

Anirudha

Thanks @ahanchat & @PeterCase for the fast response. I will verify if the data is available in the morning.

nkannik
7-Bedrock
(To:nkannik)

Hi @ahanchat

just had a look this morning at the Performance advisor data, and it still is not updated.

Examples:

The "LICENSE USAGE" is not updated for 10 days, 4 hours:

2017-07-26_08-40-33.jpg

The "CLIENTS" still indicates last update 42 days ago:

2017-07-26_08-41-24.jpg

But other data such as the "RECOMMENDATIONS" is updated 4 hours ago.

thanks in advance

Nikolaj

Hi nkannik,

For License Data, we are looking into it. And I will get back to you with more information.

For Client and Recommendations, you should be able to see the data cummulatively by next weekend.

Thanks

Anirudha

Thanks for the update, I will have a look at it monday. Look forward to hear about the license data.

I can see that the license data is transmitted on a weekly basis but in PA is it noted as "Monthly" can this be the reason why it is not updating? but will be updated on a monthly basis?

2017-08-01_14-09-29.jpg

Hi @ahanchat , I had a look at the data this morning and the users data is still not updated. Do you have any updates on this from you side?

Also the license usage is still not updated.

thanks in advance

Nikolaj

Hi,

It is observed that DetailedLicenseUsage is not present in LicensingReport.xml from report dated 7/22 and later. 

There seems to be some problem in generating DetailedLicenseUsage information. Can you please open a case with PTC.

In the meantime, can you please check the frequecy of LicenseReport from Site > Utilities > Performance Advisor for PTC Windchill and also check MS logs dated 08/05 for any errors.

Users information, you should be able to see the data by Thursday. I shall update you once the Users data is processed.

Thanks,

Anirudha

Hi @ahanchat

thanks for the update. I will raise a support case with PTC on the missing licens information.

I will monitor the User information section.

br

Nikolaj

We have raised a support ticket for the detailied license usage missing.

However the data in the PA is still not updated for the User information, any update on this topic?

Hi @ahanchat

the user information is still not updated ?!?! Do you have any update on this?

thanks

Nikolaj

Top Tags