cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

How to Associate EpmDocument with another EpmDocument in Windchill

Neo
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

How to Associate EpmDocument with another EpmDocument in Windchill

Hello,

Can any one help me how I can associate EpmDocument with another EpmDocument in Windchill I have two .prt (3D) parts, one .asm (3D) and . two drw files which I want to associate in the Windchill is there any way I can do this please help if any one knows it.

I was trying EPMMemberLink epmMemberLink = EPMMemberLink.newEPMMemberLink(epm, (EPMDependencyMaster) doc.getMaster());

but no use

can any one help me in that ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Neo
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:LoriSood)

Thank you Loori,

Its look like it is possible but there are some chance for data corruption would it be how ever we can test it can we use EPMMemberLink.newEPMMemberLink(epm, (EPMDependencyMaster) doc.getMaster());

to create a link or if you have any other way I can try using wgm api

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:Neo)

Ankit,

While the EPMMemberLink API is supported, it is strongly discouraged by PTC Technical Support to use the API to create new member links. The process for creating the data and the links correctly is very complex, and there is a high possibility that such customizations could lead to data corruption.

Rather, we recommend using the CAD authoring tools to create the links between the CAD data.

Both of the following articles provides our stance on this:

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS107408

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS175311

Neo
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:LoriSood)

Thank you Loori,

Its look like it is possible but there are some chance for data corruption would it be how ever we can test it can we use EPMMemberLink.newEPMMemberLink(epm, (EPMDependencyMaster) doc.getMaster());

to create a link or if you have any other way I can try using wgm api

Top Tags