cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Checkin only the instance which I modified, instead collecting Generic to be checkedout.

SOLVED

Re: How to Checkin only the instance which I modified, instead collecting Generic to be checkedout.

Might be possible, but would require extra work that could cause the FT to fail at some point in the future.

When I open the generic to modify it, the system wants to check out all instances. I suppose you could only check out the 1 and continue with the others.

Re: How to Checkin only the instance which I modified, instead collecting Generic to be checkedout.

There are some very important preferences which govern whether just selected plus Generic or All family table instances are: Revised, Checked Out.  Worth looking at and testing these.

Hi David,

It is Pro/I 3.4

I remember the system preference which is loaded to checkout only the instance for modification and iteration.

Not sure if that is exposed to the users.

Thanks

Hi Mike,

Any "specific" preference you are quoting at ?

All preference I see is related to Family Table is based on collections.

Thanks

Yes, the collector preference - specifically for Revise.

And at least I should restrict iteration to other instances in the FT when I make change to one of the instance ?

Thanks

Announcements
LiveWorx Call For Papers Happening Now!