cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

How to Enable WVS Publishing on WTPart

smorla
10-Marble

How to Enable WVS Publishing on WTPart

I am using Windchill PDMLink Release 11.2 and Datecode with CPS 11.2.0.0

Enable WVS Publishing on WTPart:

How to publish WTPart and its Attributes data to PDF?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Check out this PTC Support article: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS36657

This only works for Word and Excel and is accessed via Quick Parts in the apps

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Does the wt.part in question have any content files associated with it, like CAD or DOC? 

Yes, WTPart has word Document and a Thumbnail image associated. We need to publish to pdf with WTPart Attribute information along with Thumbnail image on pdf page.

Note: WTPart having lot of attribute required information. (no CAD/Part association in this case) only to extract Part information to PDF.

Couple of ideas come to mind

• With Windchill Desktop Integration in Office, you could map these attributes into the Word document/template to have them published with the document
  • PTC has a Coversheet option for document publishing in Windchill, but it's a bit involved to setup
  • There is a Windchill Extension for Coversheets too, but would be an additional cost to implement

Thanks a lot Scott for your help and it is very helpfull solution.

One query: how to map WTPart Attributes to word document using Desktop integration?

Check out this PTC Support article: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS36657

This only works for Word and Excel and is accessed via Quick Parts in the apps

olivierlp
Community Manager
(To:smorla)

Hi @smorla ,
I wanted to see if you got the help you needed. If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. It will help other members who may have the same question.
Please note that industry experts also review the replies and may eventually accept one of them as solution on your behalf.
Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please pursue the conversation. 

Thanks,

Olivier

I apologize for any inconvenience. I don't have enough experience in using the PTC community portal. 

Thanks a lot again, Oliver, for your help.

Top Tags