cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

How to I search Windchill for a document using paper size as criteria?

FMason
5-Regular Member

How to I search Windchill for a document using paper size as criteria?

I am trying to conduct some testing for a new document watermarking customization and I'm finding it difficult to test the watermarks against each paper size (A1, A2, A3 etc) and orientation (Landscape, Portrait) because I have no way to search our huge document archive by these criteria?  Is there anything in the index or DB to allow me to search by paper size/orientation?  I am working with PDFs.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:FMason)

I do not believe there is anything in the database tracking paper size.  There is however dependency information stored between the drawings and the formats.  Just find a format with the paper size your'e interested in and then look for drawings that use that format. ('Related Objects' tab > 'Referenced By' table)

When I was doing watermark testing here I created a new drawing with one sheet for each format (size).  Then I could just republish that one drawing to see how the watermarking worked for every possible paper size.  This was much easier than publishing a bunch of separate drawings over and over again.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:FMason)

I do not believe there is anything in the database tracking paper size.  There is however dependency information stored between the drawings and the formats.  Just find a format with the paper size your'e interested in and then look for drawings that use that format. ('Related Objects' tab > 'Referenced By' table)

When I was doing watermark testing here I created a new drawing with one sheet for each format (size).  Then I could just republish that one drawing to see how the watermarking worked for every possible paper size.  This was much easier than publishing a bunch of separate drawings over and over again.

FMason
5-Regular Member
(To:TomU)

Thanks, I see what you mean after a bit of testing.  It is useful to know.  As you answered my question about the existence of paper size in the DB I will accept your post as the solution.

Top Tags