cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

How to Uninstall Windchill DS and Windchill PDMLink

LY_10691079
11-Garnet

How to Uninstall Windchill DS and Windchill PDMLink

Version: Windchill 12.1

Use Case: Uninstallation of windchill DS and Windchill PDMLink from windows systwm

Description:

Hi Everyone,

I had install windchill DS from PSI 11.2 and Windchill PDMLink from PSI 12.1 but getting some error while Installing FlexPLM so I want to Uninstall both windchill DS and windchill PDMLink from my system(Windows 11)  completely and want a fresh installation of 12.0 version of PDM link and 11.2 version of windchill DS.

So please guide me step by step process for uninstalling Windchill ds And Windchill PDMLink from my system
PS: I have installed these Windchill DS and Windchill PDMLink  using Microsoft sql server data base (2019 standard edition) 

following this article but this isn't complete

Article - CS47990 - How to uninstall Windchill PDMLink On Windows platforms (ptc.com)

LY_10691079_0-1716273256464.png

Thanks and Regards,

Lavkush.

7 REPLIES 7

What is the issue with the Uninstall? what exactly is the error you are getting when trying to install FlexPLM?

Hi @shussaini 

I am not getting any issue while uninstalling flexPLM but actually want to the process of uninstallation of windchill and FlexPLM. I am getting error after installation of FlexPLM (Site is not responding error getting in method server log)  so my teammates asked to uninstall 12.1 version and install 12.0 version. 

so that's why I want to uninstall it and then I will install 12.0 version after uninstallation of 12.1 version

Can you try the steps mentioned in CS46117.

regards
~Syed

Yes I did but couldn't work

Hi @LY_10691079 

If you use virtual machine just install new one and delete old one. 

It is easier 😄

Otherwise, remove all services, Windchill, DS and apache.

Uninstall the Database, 

Delete Windchill folder.

Delete DS folder

Delete Apache folder.

PS: remove PSI folder and users/appData/ptc folder where a xml file is located with information about the Windchill installation 

PetrH

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:LY_10691079)

My uninstall procedure is rather simplistic.

Windchill Server:

1. Stop any services
  2. Delete services
  3. Delete the WindchillDS home folder
  4. Delete the Windchill home folder
  5. Delete the folders specified in Article - CS47990 - How to uninstall Windchill PDMLink On Windows platforms (ptc.com)
  6. Run RegEdit and remove all settings that point to the Windchill home folder

Oracle Server:

1. Run the Oracle Deinstall.bat
  2. Reboot
  3. Delete the PTC folder
  4. Delete the Oracle directory
  5. Delete Oracle files in the user profile
  6. Run RegEdit and remove all settings that point to the Oracle install folder

Hello @LY_10691079

It looks like you have some responses from some community members. If any of these replies helped you solve your question please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. 

Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so other community members can continue to help you.

Thanks,
Community Moderation Team.

Top Tags