cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

How to access the mobile tablet windchill

SP_10210577
11-Garnet

How to access the mobile tablet windchill

Hello, I am posting a question because I need a way to access windchill with my Galaxy Tab or iPad.

What I want to do now is to access windchill using a tablet and check 3D through Creoviewer.

As far as I know, windchill has stopped supporting mobile from version 11, so I would like to ask if there is any other way.

The point is

1. Can I access windchill with Galaxy Tab or iPad tablet

2. How to access each tablet if item 1 is possible

Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

PTC abandoned the mobile app for Windchill, so your quick solution is to find a compatible browser to access full Windchill pages on the tablet. Definitely not Safari. The challenge will be using the full web UI on the tablet instead of a UI designed for mobile, but it definitely works. I do like @HelesicPetr recommendation to use Thingworx Navigate, but it does not have all the capabilities of Windchill, so it really depends on what your use case is for the tablet.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hello @SP_10210577 

From my point of view the best way is ThingWorx Navigate 

Navigate dashboards are more suitable for mobile devices then full Windchill pages. 

Also you can develop own app/dashboard that covers yours needs on the mobile device.

PetrH 

PTC abandoned the mobile app for Windchill, so your quick solution is to find a compatible browser to access full Windchill pages on the tablet. Definitely not Safari. The challenge will be using the full web UI on the tablet instead of a UI designed for mobile, but it definitely works. I do like @HelesicPetr recommendation to use Thingworx Navigate, but it does not have all the capabilities of Windchill, so it really depends on what your use case is for the tablet.

Announcements

Top Tags