cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

How to add 'Add Coversheet' robot in a workflow for Coversheet Wincom Extension?

AK_10995767
4-Participant

How to add 'Add Coversheet' robot in a workflow for Coversheet Wincom Extension?

Version: Windchill 12.0

Use Case: Coversheet Wincom Extension allows users to add cover sheets at the beginning of PDF documents. Coversheets are often required on PDF’s distributed outside of your organization. For example: Sending documents to regulatory agencies, where adding a cover sheet provides the approval audit trail for the PDF’s specific date.

Description:

Hi Team,

Please let us know if you have already worked on Coversheet wincom extension.

We are trying to search how to add 'Add Coversheet' robot in a workflow for Coversheet Wincom Extension?

Our use case: If a Document is processed through a change management, then all the approver and reviewer username should be captured in Coversheet.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you go to the extension manager and the admin guide for coversheet, there are examples for adding/removing cover/trailing sheets via robot.

jbailey_2-1724875707481.png

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
TDT
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine
(To:AK_10995767)

Hi @AK_10995767,

Could you check whether the following article helps your use case

https://windchill-extensions.ptc.com/kb/articles/eCaKoH6kaURMim9F

AK_10995767
4-Participant
(To:TDT)

Hi @TDT , I checked the article you provided, and the article is basically about the Watermark extension. This is helpful for watermark related works, but I am looking for the Coversheet extension related solutions.

Thank you.

If you go to the extension manager and the admin guide for coversheet, there are examples for adding/removing cover/trailing sheets via robot.

jbailey_2-1724875707481.png

AK_10995767
4-Participant
(To:jbailey)

Hi @jbailey , when I clicked on the admin guide icon, I am getting 'Failed to load documentation'. Please share me the admin guide if you have it handy.

Which build of coversheet do you have installed? Which version of Windchill?

AK_10995767
4-Participant

Hi @jbailey , I can see the admin guide now for the extension. Our windchill was running on Http rather than Https, so I was facing the issue.

Anyway, we are using windchill version 12.0, and Coversheet extension version 1.34.

Thanks for your help.

For others, I am adding the pdfs for Coversheet guide:
1. Admin Guide, 2. User Guide

@AK_10995767 I probably wouldn't attach those docs. 1) it has your server url at the bottom, and 2) those are Copyrighted. Any Windchill customer can download a trial version of the Coversheet extension and also download the guides.

AK_10995767
4-Participant

@jbailey thanks for the guidance. I have removed the docs. Yes, anyone can download and see, if extension is installed.

Announcements

Top Tags