cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How to add a link/url in Windchill header ribbon towards UI branding.

Prabhu
7-Bedrock

How to add a link/url in Windchill header ribbon towards UI branding.

Hi All,

Hope it had been a good start with 2013.

In the typical Windchill header ribbon, there would be Windchill logo in the left and few useful links at the right. These links include Event Manager, Clipboard, Help, E-mail Page, Hot Links, Copy Page, Recently Accessed and Search.

Now how do I add and position my own link at the right and upon clicking that link, an intranet site would get opened in a new internet window?

Help much appreciated.

Thanks,

Prabhakaran V.

3 REPLIES 3
MatthewKnight
4-Participant
(To:Prabhu)

There's probably an easier/supported way, but I think that's in com.ptc.core.components.tags.componenets.HeaderTag. The tld is WEB-INF/tlds/components.tld. Maybe you could use your own tag class and extend it?

My bad, much better way... Add an action to "header actions" in navigation=actionModels.xml

Hi Matthew,

You indeed gave a good start. I went ahead, did bit more study and research, and acould able to complete the task. For the benifit of beginners like me, I had created a short document on how to acheive this. The document is titled "To add a link/url to launch an internet page in Windchill header ribbon towards UI branding" and link is http://communities.ptc.com/docs/DOC-3369.

Hope this helps somebody.

Thanks,

Prabhakaran V.

Top Tags