cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

How to assign the operation of mfg. process plan in plant structure?

DamienL
7-Bedrock

How to assign the operation of mfg. process plan in plant structure?

Version: Windchill 13.0

Use Case: Dear, I just want to build structure including operation on Plant structure tree such as the attached image. How should I do to make this?

Description:

Dear,
I just want to build structure including operation on Plant structure tree such as the attached image.

You can see the plant structure in left and also information was built with "0010" operation.

How should I do to make this?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @PetrH

Many thanks to you.

I understood what you mentioned

My additional critical point is how to make structure in 2nd image.

My main question is how to add " 0010, SUB1_Name~", "0040, Name_0010", " 0050, Name~" such as the below.

I cannot add them into the below Work Center or Workstation?

Test Plant

- 10, Linka

- 10, KIT Pracovisite

- Pracoviste

0010, SUB1_Name

0040, Name_0010,

0050, Name

- 20, Pracoviste

- 0010, TOP_Name

- 0020, Name_0020

Regards,

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Hari_Vara
13-Aquamarine
(To:DamienL)

Hi,

Your structure does not have the Process Plan object yet. 

Usual hierarchy(Structure) is to have Process Plan > Operations.

The Tools / Work centres are not technically in the structure, but by special relation that goes by "Work Centre allocation".

The Roll up of the work centres are the Assembly lines and finally the Plant itself.

Basically, you have 2 different (but inter related) structures, one representing the Plant>WorkCentre>Tool hierarchy

and the other is the Process Plan>Operations. (Operations will have a non-structure link to Work centre, tools, resources, Control Characteristics etc.,)

This is how Windchill's take on the Process plan and Facilities.

Cheers

Hari

Perhaps the help documentation can be useful.

DamienL
7-Bedrock

Hi

Did you review attached image?  You can see the operation “0010 ~~”. I believe this is operation from process plan.

You can take a look at this feature in the below, especially 11:50 ~. 12:05.

https://youtu.be/lzdyIO-kjVA?si=nJZdiqzZNACvLR2h

I’d like to know how it is possible.

Thx

Contact Root Solutions M: 01954 288 288 Mail: info@root-solutions.co.uk
Hari_Vara
13-Aquamarine

Hi,

Yes saw the video.

I dont think you actually assemble the "Plant" Structure. In the exact portion of the video , the demo shows "Open in Related Plant". So its a contextualized resulting structure.

The hierarchy is usually PP > OP and the OP are having resources and Work centres. The Work centres parallelly roll up to a Plant.

Did you try to recreate the demo in OOTB system (only the plant portion).

Digital Work Instruction is an interesting area , we did a POC to a leading automotive customer in India along with the Thingworx Operator Advisor. 

Let us know.

Cheers

Hari

Hi,

I did try to create the plant structure and I could make the below

Plant - Work Center - Work Center - Equipment/Jig

- Part

But I couldn't make such as the below

Plant - Work Center - Work Station - Operation

- Workstation

I want to configure structure the attachment but I couldn't add the Operation. 0010, Assemble Bracket (might include resource & part).

In the movie I can take a look at whole assemble sequence on Visualization by Playback Actions.

But I couldn't configure structure similar with movie and I couldn't play operation such as movie 11:50 ~ 12:05 on Related Plant.

Ie, in the movie I can see Process Plan Structure and open "Open in related Plant" .

And then I can see the assemble sequence with Playback Actions icon. But I cannot do this. This is exactly my question.

Thanks a lot.

Hari_Vara
13-Aquamarine

Hi,

If you need to do a non-OOTB relationship model like this one., ( I think the Video has done that).

Plant - Work Center - Work Station - Operation

- Workstation

Then go to the Type and Attribute manager , and go to the Type Workstation and add the Type "Operation" as one of its allowed Child Relations in the tab "Relationship Constraint".

There will be the OOTB relationship constraint for Workstation like Tools, Resources..etc.

Check it out.

Cheers

Hari

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I

Hi @DamienL 

In the video, there is the main point that you have to open the plant in the related plant structure, and this function is different then just open the plant and go to the structure..

It is opened from the process plan structure. 

You have to configure the process plan with plant and assign a WorkCentre's from the plant to the operations .

Then use the Open in Related Plant and the actual structure with operations will be shown. 

HelesicPetr_0-1724661195400.png

HelesicPetr_1-1724661270023.png

This way It works. 

but I had an issue that the structure was not shown at all. So You should refresh the explorer and then open the related plant. 

PetrH

Hi, @PetrH

Many thanks to you.

I understood what you mentioned

My additional critical point is how to make structure in 2nd image.

My main question is how to add " 0010, SUB1_Name~", "0040, Name_0010", " 0050, Name~" such as the below.

I cannot add them into the below Work Center or Workstation?

Test Plant

- 10, Linka

- 10, KIT Pracovisite

- Pracoviste

0010, SUB1_Name

0040, Name_0010,

0050, Name

- 20, Pracoviste

- 0010, TOP_Name

- 0020, Name_0020

Regards,

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I

Hi @DamienL 

You can just add the operation under an another operation. and assign the WorkCentre to that operations 

PetrH

Announcements

Top Tags