cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

How to change a participant's directory service?

ykomi
4-Participant

How to change a participant's directory service?

Version: Windchill 11.0

Use Case: Site - Utilities - Participant Management - Create a new user - Fill out the form and select a directory service. Here, I should have selected Administrative LDAP instead of Enterprise LDAP, but I made a mistake!

Description:

I am not familiar with LDAP operations and the description may be inaccurate.

I would like to know how to change the directory service that a user belongs to.

I have checked two articles, neither of which seem to match.

1). CS51383.
How to move users from one JNDI Adapter to another JNDI Adapter (for example, Enterprise => AdministrativeLDAP) on Windchill PDMLink
>>> I installed a 3rd party LDAP manager software, but protocol error occurred when navigating to another directory.

2). CS211408.
How to move all principals in WindchillDS from one branch to another in the same WindchillDS database
>>> I need to know how to change only one user, not move departments.

Any help would be appreciated!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:ykomi)

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS51383?source=search seems to be the solution. The path to the user in the LDAP in stored in the WC database. When you move it in the LDAP, it breaks that connection and the user becomes disconnected. You then have to repair that which you can do now that the user is disconnected. The article matches you exactly 

• How to move users from one JNDI Adapter to another JNDI Adapter (for example, EnterpriseLDAP => AdministrativeLDAP) on the same LDAP Server?

If you are using OpenDJ or WindchillDS, you need to open ControlPanel to move the user entry from one branch to another. Make sure you make a backup before this which can be done there too. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi ykomi,

Thank you for your question. 
I’d like to recommend to bring more details and context to your initial inquiry

It also helps to have screenshot(s) to better understand what you are trying to do in your process. 

This will increase your chances to receive meaningful help from other Community members. 

Regards,

Community Moderation Team.

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:ykomi)

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS51383?source=search seems to be the solution. The path to the user in the LDAP in stored in the WC database. When you move it in the LDAP, it breaks that connection and the user becomes disconnected. You then have to repair that which you can do now that the user is disconnected. The article matches you exactly 

• How to move users from one JNDI Adapter to another JNDI Adapter (for example, EnterpriseLDAP => AdministrativeLDAP) on the same LDAP Server?

If you are using OpenDJ or WindchillDS, you need to open ControlPanel to move the user entry from one branch to another. Make sure you make a backup before this which can be done there too. 

Announcements

Top Tags