cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How to change the dimension of the model without changing the versioning scheme ?

hsuryaprakash
1-Newbie

How to change the dimension of the model without changing the versioning scheme ?

Hi

How to change the dimension of the model without changing the versioning scheme in windchill ?

Later the same model will be check into windchill

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can add to workspace, edit in session and save to workspace without checking out. If your related preferences are set accordingly.

This is a risky practice though as there is nothing stopping another user doing the same. In which case somebody is going to loose their change if both later decide to checkin.

A typical workflow would be

1. add to workspace
  2. synchronize (if items have been in workspace for some time)
  3. update any out of date models
  4. checkout what you intent to modify
  5. open and edit in session
  6. save to workspace
  7. upload and checkin

If everybody else does the same you can be sure there will be no concurrent changes.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

You can add to workspace, edit in session and save to workspace without checking out. If your related preferences are set accordingly.

This is a risky practice though as there is nothing stopping another user doing the same. In which case somebody is going to loose their change if both later decide to checkin.

A typical workflow would be

1. add to workspace
  2. synchronize (if items have been in workspace for some time)
  3. update any out of date models
  4. checkout what you intent to modify
  5. open and edit in session
  6. save to workspace
  7. upload and checkin

If everybody else does the same you can be sure there will be no concurrent changes.

Hello ,

I created workflow, which need to execute when EPMDocument checked in from PROE. I set Workflow in INWORK state of EPMDocument lifecycle.

I added synchronize robot on CHECKIN event of EPMDocument in workflow immediately after START , I added below code in synchronize robot that if EPMDocument path doesn't contain EPMDocument creator name then only proceed workflow .

However the workflow executes when I click SAVE & UPLOAD the Drawing in PROE, rather It should be executed when I click CHECK IN the Drawing.

So When I click CHECKIN , workflow doesn't execute Synchronize robot because it already executed ...

Does anybody have idea about How I can solve this issue?

primaryBusinessObject is EPMDocument

if ( primaryBusinessObject != null ) {

String stringCreator = ( (wt.epm.EPMDocument) primaryBusinessObject ).getCreatorName() ;

String stringForlderPath = ( (wt.epm.EPMDocument) primaryBusinessObject ).getFolderPath() ;

if( ! stringForlderPath.contains( stringCreator ) ) {

result = "ok";

}

}

Top Tags