cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

How to configure Eclipse to work with infoEngine tasks

Not applicable

How to configure Eclipse to work with infoEngine tasks

Hi all, Does anyone know if it's possible to work with Eclipse for editing IE tasks. I've tried to create a new eclipse project with some IE tasks, adding the codebase WEB-INF tld files in the classpath. The xml files are not recognized as jsp like files and the taglib descriptor can't be found, even if I rename the xml file in jsp file.
5 REPLIES 5
dnovikov-2
1-Newbie
(To:)

It is impossible. You can write eclipse plugin for edit Ie tasks))

do you know about "Info*Engine Task Editor"? it is in \Windchill\taskeditor\bin\ folder.

)) crappy editor sorry to developer, I think that do not need application.
NathanA.Good
1-Newbie

Hello!

Just to let you know that I've actually opened a ticket with the Eclipse foundation on this one. Even though the file extension is XML, if I select to associate with and open it with a JSP editor I should get all of the JSP editor goodness.

The ticket can be found here:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=327016

Best regards.

NathanA.Good
1-Newbie

As an aside, I store the files originally in a revision control system and then deploy them to Windchill's directories when I am finished editing them. Until the Eclipse issue is resolved, I've renamed the files that I'm working on any appended a ".jsp" extension. My deployment script takes that off when it deploys. For example:

myTask.xml.jsp

Is deployed as

myTask.xml

A little hacky, I know, but it works well to achieve both goals. I wish Windchill would just use .jsp for their tasks instead of .xml.

Top Tags