cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

How to create Managed Variant Specification?

HR_10750679
8-Gravel

How to create Managed Variant Specification?

Hello People,

I want to explore Modules option in Variant Specification. Could anybody tell me how to create a Managed Variant Specification, as I could not see the Modules tab in a normal Variant Specification.? Looking forward to your response.

Thanks in advance.

Sha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fadel
22-Sapphire I
(To:HR_10750679)

Here we go :

in the Prod Family  , you can insert a Product Model either directly under the PF or in a product Model group (optional) , The VS is then created under a product model using insert new 

There is a another type of VS , that can be created directly from PSB ,see https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS386716 

Fede

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @HR_10750679 

You need good option and variant definition. 

The WTPart needs to be set as a configuration module

A Option set needs to be assigned to the WTPart 

Then you can find configuration button in the action menu 

This button opens the configuration Wizard

HelesicPetr_0-1699868405672.png

HelesicPetr_1-1699868464910.png

PetrH 

Hello @HelesicPetr ,

Thank you for your response. I had already tried the way you provided, but it was creating standard Variant Specification where I do not see the Modules tab in the Structure tab. Since I want to explore the capability of Modules tab, I want to create a Variant Spec which would have that tab,

Hi @HR_10750679 

First you need to create s product family as a child of a product model.

Managing Variant Specifications in a Product Family

HelesicPetr_0-1699967119187.png

PetrH

@HelesicPetr ,

I created Product Family and Product Model, but I do not see an option to create a Variant Spec from either of them. Could you tell me how a variant spec can be created from a Product Family?

Thanks.

Fadel
22-Sapphire I
(To:HR_10750679)

Here we go :

in the Prod Family  , you can insert a Product Model either directly under the PF or in a product Model group (optional) , The VS is then created under a product model using insert new 

There is a another type of VS , that can be created directly from PSB ,see https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS386716 

Fede

@HelesicPetr , @Fadel ,

Thank you, I successfully created Managed VS and made use of Modules Tab to create a variant. Could you tell me when the users go for manual selection instead of assigned expressions?. I get if the options are not pre-loaded in the system, users has to go for manual selection. But when would manual selection preferred to defining the options and choices?. When done manually, does not that make it prone to mistake or error?

Thanks.

Top Tags