cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How to create a WTDocument from Single Level BOM report export (PDF or execl) as primary content?

skuppamohanram
10-Marble

How to create a WTDocument from Single Level BOM report export (PDF or execl) as primary content?

Am in need of,

1. Create a Single level BOM of any WTPart and export it as PDF format

2. Create a WTDocument using above PDF file as primary content

3. Associate WTDocument to WTPart (mentioned in Step 1)

Step 2 and 3 are quite straight forward.

But in Step 1, how to do I get PDF content stream at run time or how it would be downloaded particular location in server.

Note : All above 3 steps will be executed as process of WTPart work flow...

3 REPLIES 3

For item 1 you could run a workflow against the part in which you call a Cognos report.  There is a workflow helper method that will enable you to run a report and save it back to the PBO as an attachment.  This will require you to setup the Part with a workflow and also enable Attachements (which is a preference).

Help on the Worfklow helper method can be found here:  https://support.ptc.com/cs/help/windchill_hc/wc110_hc/index.jspx?id=ChgMgmtAffectedAffectedObjResulting&action=show

Hello JeffZemsky,

Thanks for quick reply. I don't have cognos reporting, In other way will it work for normal (QueryBuilder) report?

I see where you are going with this but aren't you setting yourself up for data duplication? By saving the BOM as a PDF you are saying they should look at the PDF as the BOM.  Why not look at the single level report again when needed? Avoid the multiple sources of truth.

Top Tags