cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How to create a report in Windchill ProjectLink?

sliu-2
2-Guest

How to create a report in Windchill ProjectLink?

Hi Guys,

Please take a look at below image. I have a few questions:

1. What dose 'Saved Reports' means?

2. See image, please.

3. How can I create/change (or Add) a report into/in the table?

Anybody who knows the answer, please response.

Many Thanks,

Sylar

2014-09-23_161549.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sylar,

reports are normally created by an administrator, saved reports are those modified and saved by the user, using an admin report.

The difference between the results you give from a report or from an advanced search are:

- because the results from a search are build in a jsp page, they are slower to show and potentially dangerous in terms of performance for the server.

- If you want to create different view from the same search (using part of the attributs you use for the search), then you have to create a lot of different view, while using report you could choose as much attributes as you want and then, only by picking and saving different mixture of attributes and saving them as saved reports, you can get a lot of different results, using only one report.

Here in the community you can join reporting group, where I wrote a document where I summarize a list of report build from users in the community and on PTC/User exploder.

Marco

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
KD
4-Participant
4-Participant
(To:sliu-2)

Hi Sylar,

You can create new report using Report Manager.

Access Report Manager from Utilities.

Thanks ,

Kaushik

sliu-2
2-Guest
(To:KD)

Thank you Kaushik. Follow your instruction I found it.

Sylar,

reports are normally created by an administrator, saved reports are those modified and saved by the user, using an admin report.

The difference between the results you give from a report or from an advanced search are:

- because the results from a search are build in a jsp page, they are slower to show and potentially dangerous in terms of performance for the server.

- If you want to create different view from the same search (using part of the attributs you use for the search), then you have to create a lot of different view, while using report you could choose as much attributes as you want and then, only by picking and saving different mixture of attributes and saving them as saved reports, you can get a lot of different results, using only one report.

Here in the community you can join reporting group, where I wrote a document where I summarize a list of report build from users in the community and on PTC/User exploder.

Marco
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:sliu-2)

I would start with the Windchill HelpCenter topic named Reporting Overview. That will get your started.

sliu-2
2-Guest
(To:sm)

Thank you Scott. I'm studing the topic now.

Top Tags