cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

How to create activity instructions dynamically(part of instruction is different for different user)?

grainger-3
1-Newbie

How to create activity instructions dynamically(part of instruction is different for different user)?

Hello all,

I am new to windchill customization, i have requirement to create activity instruction different for different responsible users of same activity. Is there any API to create WF activity and Instructions, while workflow is running?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

Hello,

If you have 1 activity and you need to change the instructions, it's easy as you can ue variables to define the instructions.

Create a String variable, like "dynInstructions", and define it's content in the start transition.

Then you can use the notation {dynInstructions} in the activity to display the content.

Hello Olivier,

I am having one activity and one role in that activity.

Thing is, all participants in that role will get instruction which are bit different (e.g. role is having 5 user...they will get tasks with slightly different instruction)

Hope i am able to explain...

Thanks in advance...

Ok, I understand.

I'm not sure that it' possible with only one Activity.

In fact, when you have 5 participants to 1 activity, you have 1 WfAssignedActivity and 5 WorkItem.

The issue is that the instructions field is on WfAssignedActivity, and is shared by the 5 users.

Maybe the Ad Hoc activties is the way to go.

Top Tags