cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How to delete product from windchill not folder inside the product ?

hsuryaprakash
1-Newbie

Hi

By mistake I created product then later I understood there is not delete option

But I want to delete .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

A product once created can not be deleted, only renamed. If the possibility exists that you will need a new product in the future, mark it read-only for now and rename it when you do need the new product.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

A product once created can not be deleted, only renamed. If the possibility exists that you will need a new product in the future, mark it read-only for now and rename it when you do need the new product.

Thank you so much

I got it

What about folder ? The same will aplly ?

I think an empty folder may be deleted. It has been a while since I have tried it and I'm not at a system to test.

Once again thanks for your immediate reply.

Do u have any idea that how to export config.pro , symbol files, material files, dtl files into windchill ?

You do not want those files in Windchill. Only your start part template files get a copy installed in Windchill as that prevents the system from loading them to your workspace and marking them as new.

Yes, a regular folder that is contained within a Product folder can be deleted.

I know this is old, but I would also like to add that the recommended method to modify a product template is to create a new product from an existing template, make the modifications required, do a save as template and then delete the original template. This leaves you with a floating product, that you cannot delete. SO in my humble opinion it is not a very effective way of modifying a product template, but it is nonetheless, the only way I can think of.

This is the article about modifying a product template

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS20918&source=snippet

Maybe you can vote this idea.

http://communities.ptc.com/ideas/4669

Marco
Top Tags