cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

How to disable "Revise & Cheked out now" option?

jthakor
3-Visitor

How to disable "Revise & Cheked out now" option?

Dear All,

I am using PTC Creo 2.0 with windchill integration. But every time opening big assembly it pop up below dialog box. Many times my team members pressed OK & all assemblies are revised and checked out & creates a lots of trouble for me. I want to disable Revise and Check out now option. Please do needful

11 REPLIES 11

I don’t believe you can disable the menu action in CAD, we tried hard to do that because we want all revisions be controlled by the Change Process. However I am pretty sure you can prevent the action from being successful using access control rules. That is what we did, but it has been a while and it will take some research for me to remember how we accomplished that. Let me know if you need that and I will get you some answers.

Thanks Lewis for your feedback.

You can give your suggestion and we will see how we can implement the same.

Thanks,

jitu

Hi,

I do not see why it is complicated to prevent users to be perform a Revise and Check Out thanks to the Access Control.

I agree you can't change the menu, you can set the default value though.

For Access Permissions, simply do not allow Revise for EPMDoc for the Release state for that role/usergroup.

When user try to Revise they will get an error message.

This make me think that of a new idea.  Link Creo Menu to ACL, so if user is not allowed to Revise, then the option is not provided in the menu...

llie
16-Pearl
(To:ChrisPLM)

Chris,
I can see the access control on Released files, but there are two scenarios where the file is still in a modifiable state.

1. They are making changes and file is currently rev "-" Released, created the rev A (which we want them to do), make a change and check the file in for review, then they need to incorporate redline changes from reviewer or CRD/PRD the file is still in a modifiable state at this moment. The user select "Revise and Check Out" and now they are accidently working on rev "B" and don't know it.

2. Workflow uses "Return to Creator" so they can make changes.. The CAD files are at Rework which is a modifiable state, same thing happens. The user select "Revise and Check Out" and now they are accidently working on rev "B" and don't know it. 

To engineers the word "Revise" means something totally different than what PTC programmed into Windchill.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:llie)

Through roles, you should be able to set Windchill so it will not do a revise unless the state is currently set to released. You are only bumping the revision of a released file, not a work-in-process file.

llie
16-Pearl
(To:BenLoosli)

Ben,

It looks like this may be our only option. Thank you for the information.

Lance

dnordin
15-Moonstone
(To:jthakor)

Jitu

You can change the default in the dialog you have shown to "continue" via the config.pro option

dm_checkout_on_the_fly continue

It doesn't disable the checkout and revise now, but it helps to reduce the unintentional revise of objects.

Regards,

DN

Thanks Daniel

I could not remember the option from top of my head.....

jthakor
3-Visitor
(To:dnordin)

Thanks Daniel,

I think this could be my temporarily solution till I get permanent disable for Revise and checked out option.

Jitu

llie
16-Pearl
(To:jthakor)

Jitu,

There is a bunch of companies trying to figure this on out too. It is something that needs to be changed on the Windchill side. I am still researching it.

llie
16-Pearl
(To:llie)

From PTC tech support:

I have researched this topic internally and as of now there is no way (preference or otherwise) to remove this conflict option if the object is not checked out.  There may be a way to do this through a customization however if you wanted to go down this route I would need to create a new case with our customization group to see if this is feasible.

Top Tags