cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

How to do check-in and check-out family table?

schavan-2
1-Newbie

How to do check-in and check-out family table?

when i am doing check-in of instance of a family table.All instances are automatically adding into workspace and for all instances it showing modified date as today. when i proceed with check-in it is giving error i.e " instance numbers like (d-40440,....) is not editable in workspace"

Is it necessary to do check-out all the instances when updating single instance?

what is the correct procedure i need to follow for updating single instance in family table?

2 REPLIES 2

Hello

what do you meen by "updating one instance"

if you change the geometry in the instance. In fact it will modify the generic, so all the instances must be checkouted

But if you change only parameters in the family table instance line, you have only to chekout the generic and the corresponding instances.

May be you're not talking about ProE Workgroupmanager, but other CAD system ? there's preferences to controlthat behaviour:

WorkgroupManager Client/Independently modify instances = true/flase

regards

Gregory

If you are changing one instance without any impact at all on the other instances, you have to checkout the generic and the instance, so not all the instances.

But ... you have to get in contact with PTC Technical Support for the details ... family tables older than a certain date (ProE version?) have to be checked out once completely to get allign again with Windchill. Afterwards, it behaves again as before.

Regards, Hugo.

Top Tags