cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

How to do to run a validator for CAD objects for the SaveAs command and Rename

lury
4-Participant

How to do to run a validator for CAD objects for the SaveAs command and Rename

Hi

I need to
validate the parameter "number" in Windchill for CAD objects and parts when are performed SaveAs and Rename command.

Created validator class in which redefined the functions - validateSelectedAction(), validateSelectedMultiSelectAction() and validateFormSubmission()

What is the "action" I need to use to register the validator class?

What do I need to specify the "selector" to the calling function validateSelectedAction(), validateSelectedMultiSelectAction() and validateFormSubmission()

I tried to do as shown below, but are not called validators.

<Service context="default" name="com.ptc.core.ui.validation.UIComponentValidator" targetFile="codebase/service.properties">

<Option requestor="null" serviceClass="ext.ntck.validators.NTCKValidator" selector="WFSAVEAS" />

<Option requestor="null" serviceClass="ext.ntck.validators.NTCKValidator" selector="MULTIRENAME" />

</Service>

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
vivek_trw
3-Visitor
(To:lury)

Hi,

Did you find any work around for this. If yes please share, i am also stuck in same kind of problem.

miles_cao
16-Pearl
(To:lury)

This seems to be controlled by an unsupported API com.ptc.windchill.uwgm.cadx.saveas.SaveAsActionDelegate

INFO : wt.log4j.jmx.LoggerRepositoryMonitor.levelChanged - Logger=com.ptc.windchill.uwgm.cadx.saveas.SaveAsActionDelegate, OldLevel=ERROR, NewLevel=ALL
TRACE : com.ptc.windchill.uwgm.cadx.saveas.SaveAsActionDelegate wcadmin - SaveAsActionDelegate.valid :: context object is - wt.part.WTPart:780158
TRACE : com.ptc.windchill.uwgm.cadx.saveas.SaveAsActionDelegate wcadmin - SaveAsActionDelegate.valid :: object is valid - returning TRUE
TRACE : com.ptc.windchill.uwgm.cadx.saveas.SaveAsActionDelegate wcadmin - SaveAsActionDelegate.enableable :: Returning TRUE
TRACE : com.ptc.windchill.uwgm.cadx.saveas.SaveAsActionDelegate wcadmin - SaveAsActionDelegate.valid :: context object is - wt.epm.EPMDocument:678138
TRACE : com.ptc.windchill.uwgm.cadx.saveas.SaveAsActionDelegate wcadmin - SaveAsActionDelegate.valid :: copyAllowed is true
TRACE : com.ptc.windchill.uwgm.cadx.saveas.SaveAsActionDelegate wcadmin - SaveAsActionDelegate.enableable :: Returning TRUE
INFO : wt.log4j.jmx.LoggerRepositoryMonitor.levelChanged - Logger=com.ptc.windchill.uwgm.cadx.saveas.SaveAsActionDelegate, OldLevel=ALL, NewLevel=ERROR
Top Tags