cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How to edit the templates?

VladiSlav
17-Peridot

How to edit the templates?

Hello, can you please tell me how to edit the templates? I tried to change the process template on the "Task" page, but when updating, creating a new "Promotion Request", the process did not change, pressing the "Check in" button did not help either

1.JPG3.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Vlad,

I'm not sure where you were trying to edit the workflow (you're showing the workflow here), but you would do that via the particular Context, then Utilities, Workflow Template Administration  (most likely Site context, but maybe you have lower-level ones too?)

If you're editing the workflow, make sure you are actually picking File, Save after you make your changes too, then check-in. 

Workflow_templates.jpg

That should do it.

If it's a new workflow or different named one, then you have to make sure that on the Lifecycle itself, you have the correct one picked for the state, and that "use latest iteration" is checked.

ex.

Lifecycle_state_workflow.jpg

You may want to open a Support case, with tech support, for this, so they can assist you.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Vlad,

I'm not sure where you were trying to edit the workflow (you're showing the workflow here), but you would do that via the particular Context, then Utilities, Workflow Template Administration  (most likely Site context, but maybe you have lower-level ones too?)

If you're editing the workflow, make sure you are actually picking File, Save after you make your changes too, then check-in. 

Workflow_templates.jpg

That should do it.

If it's a new workflow or different named one, then you have to make sure that on the Lifecycle itself, you have the correct one picked for the state, and that "use latest iteration" is checked.

ex.

Lifecycle_state_workflow.jpg

You may want to open a Support case, with tech support, for this, so they can assist you.

I think you may have got past this now, as I see you posted another further thread, about the workflow stuff, so perhaps you already figured this out?

MichaelChatel, thank you very much, Your help was useful
Top Tags