cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How to filter EPM documents (based on type) to be published to ESI distribution targets

Marcika
9-Granite

How to filter EPM documents (based on type) to be published to ESI distribution targets

Hello all,

By default, all EPM documents are published via ESI to an ERP system.  

My requirement is to publish to ERP/SAP only EPMDocuments which contain 2D Drawings. 3D drawings must not be published.

The differentiation can be made via the OOTB attribute doctype.

Customizing the ESIResponseMetaInfo.xml for separately for Drawings/Not Drawings is not possible.

I did not found any other OOTB way to configure a filter based on drawing types.

I think this requirement can be done only with customized code.

Anyone of you had a similar problem to solve? Can you give me some hint where to start customization?

Via an opened PTC case (https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/case.jsp?n=13841117) I found out the possibly the ESIEPMDocumentRenderer class must be customized.

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2

Hello,

If you can pass "doctype" in the ESI response, you should be able to filter in Tibco.  We have a filter in place so that only certain document subtypes are added to the CBO and passed to SAP.  Basically, you create a global variable that contains the list of allowable "DocType"s.  Then, in CBO mapping, (Document, for-each and Document Reference Link, for-each), filter the response file based on a match between the global variable values and the "doctype" attribute. 

Please take a look at the attached Tibco screenshot and feel free to followup with any questions.

Good Luck,

Casey

Unfortunatelly we don't use TIBCO as a middle layer, but ActiveMQ and Bizztalk.

The customization was done by extending ESIBOMRenderer by adding new getEPMDocument and getDocument functions, which after calling their super, will call a custom function to filter out the unwanted Documents and their links from the collenctions.

Top Tags