cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How to find a CAD doc created by some user & kept in uploaded state (not checked in)?

aammooll
4-Participant

How to find a CAD doc created by some user & kept in uploaded state (not checked in)?

I have a scenario in my organisation. Someone has created a CAD document with a P/N 1234567.prt.

Now same part number needs to be used by other user and this new user is trying to upload the same 1234567.prt from his work-space.

It shows a conflict with following message,

1234567.prt, is not unique.

Generally, we receive this message when we have P/N with same name exists on common-space,
but when i searched this part number, I cannot see it.
This means that this P/N exists in uploaded state to some user's work-space.
I am not sure who that user is.  I s there a way at any level we can identify this user or search these parts?

2 REPLIES 2

You can do it using a report.

Take a look at this article:

How to get the new object list that are uploaded but not checked-in from Workspace

https://www.ptc.com/it/support/article?n=CS20630

Marco
dnordin
15-Moonstone
(To:aammooll)

The statement "This means that this P/N exists in uploaded state to some user's work-space" is not necessarily true all the time.  The object could be checked in, but in a "private" context or a context in which you simply don't have the proper access rights.  I'm not sure if the report method would work in this scenario.  You can always ask an administrator to run a search or the report.

Regards,

Dan N.

Top Tags