cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How to find all drawings required for an assembly ?

StevenDumon
11-Garnet

How to find all drawings required for an assembly ?

What is the best approach to finding all Drawings that are required for a certain high-level assembly to be built ? I can generate a +/- 5000 part structure and request for the CAD documents to be shown, but Windchill freezes on this one.

Since we're not sure of that drawing's number, folder or even context, we require a really generic solution. A Search based on number, attribute, ... is no option.

I've started looking into Query Builder, but I'm not really familiar with such tools to find a quick solution for this. I'm not even sure if QueryBuilder is the right tool for this...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:StevenDumon)

Are you wanting all the drawings for the dependent components of the assembly, too, or just ones related directly to the assembly?

If the latter, then you can view the Where Used on the Related Objects tab of the assembly to find out which drawings refer to it.

If the former, you could do as Mike suggests, or select to do any action that allows you access to the Collector (Add to Workspace, Check Out, etc.) and use the "Include Drawings" option to find which drawings are collected.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Not sure but may be able to use either:

- Export, or

- Packages (Add to Package from top level object, create Package, Collect); can obtain the content of Packages externally

- Managed Baseline; download all published viewables of included drawings

Note: Query Builder can't understand structure in general.

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:StevenDumon)

Are you wanting all the drawings for the dependent components of the assembly, too, or just ones related directly to the assembly?

If the latter, then you can view the Where Used on the Related Objects tab of the assembly to find out which drawings refer to it.

If the former, you could do as Mike suggests, or select to do any action that allows you access to the Collector (Add to Workspace, Check Out, etc.) and use the "Include Drawings" option to find which drawings are collected.

The 'Add to Workspace' collectie is exactly the easiest solution we've found as well. Thanks.

Top Tags