cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

How to get a part material PTC_MATERIAL_NAME to show up in a windchill column?

dpasholk
7-Bedrock

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:dpasholk)

You have to create the attribute in Windchill (using the Type and Attribute Manager), add the attribute to your workspace table view, designate the corresponding parameter in Creo, and then check-in models with this parameter designated.  Take a look at these:

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomU
23-Emerald IV

For whatever reason it's not shown in the model parameters list, but you can still manually type it in.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

If you add a bunch of materials to the model, then you get this nice little dropdown to pick from. 

In Windchill not the model tree in Creo. Windchill items have information pages.  A listing of Windchill-recognized (designated) parameters will show up there.  I merely want to see PTC_Material_Name there, too.  And this is in a Windchill system that does not utilize WT_Parts.

So when I look at a drawing in my Workspace in Windchill I would like to have a column that shows what material has been assigned to the part.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

You have to create the attribute in Windchill (using the Type and Attribute Manager), add the attribute to your workspace table view, designate the corresponding parameter in Creo, and then check-in models with this parameter designated.  Take a look at these:

dpasholk
7-Bedrock
(To:TomU)

Success! Got it to work.

Implicit attribute-to-parameter mapping occurs when there is a global attribute in Windchill with an all uppercase base name (the attribute name minus the reverse domain name prefix) identical to the name of a designated parameter in a Creo Parametric model file,

Thanks for all the help. Dan.

Top Tags