cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

How to get a report of the URL address of WTparts?

dfrancisco
1-Newbie

How to get a report of the URL address of WTparts?

Hello community!!!

I am trying to get a report that list de URL address of WTParts. I have tried some joins between Part e URL link in query build report without success.

Does anybody knows how to do it?

Thanks a lot in advance...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Binesh,

I ran across the solution.   For MS SQL you basically have to convert the branch identifer to text.

20160226-111828.png

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

If you want just the Windchill Information link you can just add the top level object type to the select list. If you are looking to get the actual URL use concat function and generate URL using branch identifier.

parturl.png

Thank you

Binesh Kumar

Medtronic - MITG

Hello Binesh

I exchanged the server name and tried to execute, but unfortunatly it did not work. Take a look at the message:

Capturar1.JPG

Thank you in any case.

Hello Daniel,

Could you try recreating a new query from query builder? The only table in From is Part and the the select should be as I have in my screenshot

Thank you

Binesh Kumar

Medtronic - MITG

Binesh Kumar,

I am trying to do the same thing, only for WTDocuments.  When I add the Branch Identifier into the Concatenate function, the report ceases to function.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Hello Mark,

Are you getting any error? Your QML works fine on my dev system by removing the criteria. I know SQL server has some issues with functions in report manager.

Thank you

Binesh Kumar

Medtronic - MITG

No error.  The report just doesn't return any results.

We are running MS SQL so maybe that is the issue.

Binesh,

I ran across the solution.   For MS SQL you basically have to convert the branch identifer to text.

20160226-111828.png

BhushanNehe
14-Alexandrite
(To:mdebower)

Hi Daniel,

Can you check if the solution from Marc works for you.

Regards,

Bhushan

Hi Bhushan

It is works now. At least for WTParts.

Regards

Hello Marc

I followed your instructions using the train of thought for WTParts and it works!

Thank you.

Thank you everybody to contribuite to my question.

I confess. I am not a IT professional and your help is very appreciated.

Best Regards.

Capturar.JPG

Top Tags