cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

How to get active user list of last one year by project name using report management tool

New_10867550
4-Participant

How to get active user list of last one year by project name using report management tool

Version: Windchill 12.0

Use Case: How to get active user list of last one year by project name using report management tool

Description:

11 REPLIES 11

If anybody have qml or report then please add snaps or share QML directly 

Hi Marco_Tosin,

Thank you for Articles and I tried few articles also but It is generating blank report.

: CS280521 - QML report on context login events from AUDITRECORD where context is Project in Windchill ProjectLink (ptc.com) 

VK_10867550_0-1716464652621.pngVK_10867550_1-1716464667000.png

VK_10867550_1-1716465476117.png

VK_10867550_0-1716465059280.png

=================================================================================

Article - CS403913 - How to display user's last login time in a query builder report in Windchill (ptc.com) 
For this also getting same blank report

That report uses Audit Records. Does that mean that audit recording is not enabled in your system?

How can we confirm is Audit Recording is enabled or not on my system?

I have administrator Rights so I don't think audit Recording will be disabled to administrators.

Can any one confirm that I am missing something to add or link in shared snaps . 

And as per understanding this report should give me the users list of last one year from my project Name .

The fact that you are an administrator does not mean that automatically audit records are already activated.

They are a type of information that writes "avalanches" of data to the DB and therefore must be activated manually as needed.

The link pointed out by @avillanueva shows how to activate the ones you need.

This is an article that summarizes many articles on audits

[Knowledge Hub] Windchill PLM - Audit

Marco

Basically what I need is we have projects A & B and I want the active users of those projects like member , Project manager , Team lead etc. of last one year then will compare this data with Our projectlink users and then will perform cleanup utility for windchill.

What does it mean to be an "active user"?

Do you want users who have:

• viewed an object within the project?
  • created an object within the project?
  • edited an object within the project?
  • completed a task within the project?

For an action like "view", you'll need to use the security audit reporting. Make sure it is enabled and logging the specific action you need. The logging will only go forward from when it is turned on, so you won't be able to see historical data before it was turned on.

For actions like created/edited/completed tasks, it would be possible to make a report for that without using the security audits. 

Hello @New_10867550

It looks like you have some responses from some community members. If any of these replies helped you solve your question please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. 

Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so other community members can continue to help you.

Thanks,
Community Moderation Team.

Top Tags