cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

How to implement fogot password page in Servigistics InService?

shindemayur
13-Aquamarine

How to implement fogot password page in Servigistics InService?

Hello,

I have created a page for forgot password, which accept input from user as username , password , confirm password. 

On submit button I want the password for entered username should get change. 

Is their any supported API to go this ? or any javascript to be called their?

2 REPLIES 2

What is the business process for changing/resetting password?  Public forget password pages email the user with a request password change link.  Is that what you are trying to implement?

Example Process:

• Select "Forgot Password"
  • Send email to user account with link to reset password
  • User enters new password twice and selects OK.
  • Now what?
    • Are users managed in Windchill Directory Server or Active Directory?
    • Is this before or after a lock out event?
  • User can finally log in

Thru 11.2, Windchill does not store user passwords.  So, password change is an LDAP function.  There are GUI and command line options for changing LDAP passwords.  I suspect it can be done via Java too.  For WindchillDS, Google for OpenDJ or OpenDS (previous name) password change options.

Thanks @mmeadows-3 ,

my concern is, I am not able to find API to update password in LDAP . I am new to Servigistics InService, so am not aware of its development, but I want some methods which can change user or update user password. But issue is I don't have any SCItem to pass as a argument to those methods.

So any one who is/has use Servigistics InService , please guide me thorough its API. 

Top Tags