cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How to improve the usage of Active Daily licenses ?

Pascal_Brunet
12-Amethyst

How to improve the usage of Active Daily licenses ?

Hello,

It's seems not efficient to manage a limited number of Active Daily User licences for 100 or 150 users who don't know each other in only one unique License group "PTC Navigate Contributor".

As an Administrator, is it possible to allocate a different number of Active Daily licenses to different license groups?

For example, 5 Active Daily licenses for license group "Contributor 1" , 10 Active Daily  for group "contributor2", ...

In that way i can improve the usage of Active Daily licenses with groups of users who know each other.

What do you think ?

Pascal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Any license type in Windchill is on site level only represented by a single OOTB license group. You may assign several groups to this, but not split ADU licenses into separate pools of say 10 licenses for a pool of 20 users, and 5 for a pool of 30. ADU license acquisition is on a first come first served basis. 

On that note we have both Navigate ADU and Named licenses that we may reassign. I have therefore created two separate groups that I've named Tier 5 and Tier 5 ADU, and based on an internal quarterly license review I can find out which users are frequently active and place them into the Named license group and the infrequently active users into the ADU license group. That way I can make the most out of the ADU licenses since I want to fill that group with users that are infrequent users and thereby get a better licens to user ratio.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Any license type in Windchill is on site level only represented by a single OOTB license group. You may assign several groups to this, but not split ADU licenses into separate pools of say 10 licenses for a pool of 20 users, and 5 for a pool of 30. ADU license acquisition is on a first come first served basis. 

On that note we have both Navigate ADU and Named licenses that we may reassign. I have therefore created two separate groups that I've named Tier 5 and Tier 5 ADU, and based on an internal quarterly license review I can find out which users are frequently active and place them into the Named license group and the infrequently active users into the ADU license group. That way I can make the most out of the ADU licenses since I want to fill that group with users that are infrequent users and thereby get a better licens to user ratio.

Top Tags