cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

How to lock user vault preference at user level in Windchill 11.0

nikhil1mahajan
6-Contributor

How to lock user vault preference at user level in Windchill 11.0

I need to prohibit users (designers) from changing their vault preference. Thus, I need to lock user vault preference for few users. I see that importing user preference xml file does not have lock option that works. Is there way I can achieve this.? 

4 REPLIES 4

Is there a reason you wouldn't want to do that for all the users?  The reason I ask is because if it's ok to do for everyone then make that setting change at the Org admin level.

nikhil1mahajan
6-Contributor
(To:STEVEG)

The reason why we want to do this at user level is because we don't want data to move out from one location to the other(vault to vault). If a user travels from one region to the other he might change the vault preference and this is what we want to restrict. We cant change the vaulting rules. But if we can restrict certain users (designers) from changing vault preference then it would solve our problem.

Maybe I am missing something in the terminology being used.

When you say Vault, I think of the main vaults that are tied to a physical disk locations. Users do not have access to these nor can they set up revaulting rules to change the location of files within vaults.

If you are using Vaults to mean the Location (looking at a WIndchill detail page, bottom right side) then that would require ACL controls to prevent users from moving files.

Hi,

Let me explain, we have six sites and each site in itself has a master vault. Whenever a user creates a CAD document that document goes to the site specific cache vault and then to site specific master vault at product level. We have vaulting rules in place but those do not restrict users from creating files in different master vaults as per their vault preference. Example: user in US changes its cache vault preference to Russia then his files will go to Russia cache vault. Thus, we want to restrict this.

Top Tags