cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How to open a PDF file to a specific page?

ptc-1226603
1-Newbie

How to open a PDF file to a specific page?

Adobe provides open parameters to specify where to open a PDF file. Appending #page=[number] at the end of a URL leading to a PDF file will open the file to the specified page number. Links to files in Windchill lead to a program named download.jsp with options to open a file. Appending the #page= parameter to the end of the link will not open the file to the specified page. Is the a parameter for the download.jsp routine that will open a PDF file to a desired page? If so, please provide an example. Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7

Is there a way to create web-page link to a PDF file, stored in Windchill, without having to include the download.jsp in the URL? In other words, can a URL point directly to a file stored in Windchill?

Yes copy the link for the pdf itself.
b6e9ea1233
The person would need access to your windchill site as well as read permission I would think.

I think we have all released drawings in PDF. How do I know if that is the case and how do I access the PDF files?

Jason - Thanks for your response that explains that a URL can use servlets other than download.jsp to open a PDF file. It appears that a URL to a file in Windchill must reference a routine to find and open a file. Do any of the routines provide a pass-through argument that allows the Adobe Reader parameters to be appended to the resulting path? If a PDF file is posted on a website and a URL to that file ends with #page=n, where n is a number, the Adobe Reader will open the file to the specified page number; for example, the following link leads to page seven of a PDF document. http://movement.stanford.edu/nonrig/TorrBreg-eccv02.pdf#page=7 How can a hyperlink specify a page within a PDF file stored in Windchill?

cccccc

we can access pdf file (if it is a visualization of drawing) from Representable interface of EPMDocument. Than get wt.representation.Representation from it, from Representation we can get ContentItem as secondary content and then get it’s URL WVSContentHelper.getDownloadURL. to this url you can try to append #page=n, as Daniel said.

Maybe somebody have an idea how to open pdf on specific page (or chapter) in ProductView?
Top Tags