cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

How to prevent the confliction between the team workspace and indivisual workspace

TY_10913911
1-Newbie

How to prevent the confliction between the team workspace and indivisual workspace

“I believe there is a possibility of conflicts arising between team workspaces and personal workspaces while editing simultaneously. How does the Windchill system provide warnings for conflicts? And how does it prevent conflicts proactively?”   Please let me know the real case by using latest Windchill version, if possible? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The "team" area as your friend describes to you is the "commonspace." Only one person at a time can have an item "checked out." if that is the case, an icon will indicate this, and anyone else will be prevented from checking the item out. Items can be modified locally without checking them out.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

There is no "Team" workspace. There is the workspace (local cache- items modified locally but not uploaded to the server, server side cache - items modified locally and uploaded to the server) and commonspace (items uploaded and checked into the server).

If someone intends to make changes, they can "check out" the CAD and or WTParts into the workspace, and others will see it is checked out by that person for modification

Dear support team,

Very appreciated for your reply. I understood your explanation,thanks.

However, one of my friends told me as follows;
“In Windchill, there are two workspaces: one is the local area (for individual use), and the other is the server area (for team use).
My friend has extensive experience with Windchill implementation, so I have no choice but to trust his explanation.
Until now, I understood the workflow as a simple process: check out an object, download it to the workspace,
and upload it to the common space after completing the work.

Is it true that there are actually two workspaces inside Windchill?” Please let me know more detailed information.

Regards.

The "team" area as your friend describes to you is the "commonspace." Only one person at a time can have an item "checked out." if that is the case, an icon will indicate this, and anyone else will be prevented from checking the item out. Items can be modified locally without checking them out.

jlecoz
13-Aquamarine
(To:TY_10913911)

If you are referring to the local workspace and the server workspace this is a feature used when using the CAD integration. 

Local or server workspace are both for a given user. You can't share a server workspace it is not a team workspace.

Every time a user save a CAD file it can be saved locally (local workspace) and uploaded (server workplace). 

To know more about this I would recommend you to attend a PTCU training about the CAD integration or to dive in the Windchill Help center.

Regards

Top Tags