Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to "split" Windchill administrators into two g

Highlighted

How to "split" Windchill administrators into two g

Good afternoon, I'm working on Windchill 6.2.6. I'm developer, and the customer has the need to "split" the administrator's group into two subgroups, in order to avoid that users from group "A" can see documents, workflows, etc, from group "B" and viceversa. This need is due to a subgroup of employees will be a part of a new company that will have no common data with the original company. Is it possible to configure administration users in order to limit their visibility of the Windchill resources in a "vertical" mode? If yes, how? If no, is it possible to install a new instance of Windchill for the new group and export/import the data from the bigger database to the smaller database? Do you know any other possible solution? Thank you very much for your help, any comment will be really appreciated. Regards, LAURA ARANA
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

RE: How to "split" Windchill administrators into two g

first revoke the admin password to group B. 1) hence he doesn't have any ACL to view docs. 2) Create a User adminb 3) list what ACL,the group require 4) Provide the ACL for the listed 5) the above is the only way to do. somw of the groups are already available. yo can add the new user acoording to the role he play. ex: Classification Administrators Those who can create Classification Structures LifeCycleAdministrators life cycle administrators Navigation Administrators Those who can create Navigation Structures WorkflowAdministrators workflow administrators Regards MK Ramanathan.
Highlighted

Thank you very much for your reply, MK Ramanathan. Sorry, but I'm new to Windchill and I need some further help. What's the meaning of "ACL"? Do you know if there is some specific online documentation for this kind of procedures? Thanks a lot! Regards, LAURA
Highlighted

hi LAURA, http://<your server name>/Windchill/wt/helpfiles/help_en/manuals/wcbusadguide/WCBusAdminGuide_ACL.html or let me know your maild,so that i can sent the materials across to you. Regards Ramanathan MK
Highlighted

Ok, thanks a lot! I finally found the document you suggested me on the server. Anyway, I sent you a mail, if you believe there is something more about this argument, I'll be happy to receive it. Regards, LAURA
Announcements