cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

How to re-submit/re-generate failed thumbnails?

Invisigoth
14-Alexandrite

How to re-submit/re-generate failed thumbnails?

Hello,

I had a few stumbles while setting up Windchill 11 M030 publishing on a test server. Specifically, I sent a couple of parts to the Publisher before I had the thumbnail worker online.  Error is "No Thumbnail Created by Server", "WARNING" Unable to generate server thumbnail".

Now those parts have a viewable, but no thumbnail.  I tried re-submitting them from the job monitor.  This results in a "Representation Already Exists: default", followed by "end job".

Is there a way to either completely regenerate both the rep and the thumbnail OR just generate the missing thumbnails?

Thanks for any advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Invisigoth
14-Alexandrite
(To:Invisigoth)

The answer is to create a "GenerateRepresentationThumbnails" (or GenerateLatestRepresentationThumbnails) job under the WVS Job Scheduler.  Mentioned in CS113279.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Invisigoth
14-Alexandrite
(To:Invisigoth)

The answer is to create a "GenerateRepresentationThumbnails" (or GenerateLatestRepresentationThumbnails) job under the WVS Job Scheduler.  Mentioned in CS113279.

Top Tags