cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How to rehost only cad data.

dpchavan
8-Gravel

How to rehost only cad data.

Hello

We want to migrate only cad data into fresh system of same version  how by using rehost we will take 

6 REPLIES 6
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:dpchavan)

A little more information would be helpful.

What Windchill version and build/CPS are you running?

When you say 'cad data' do you mean only your vaults or the database metadata, too?

The vaults should be easy to copy then run the rehost utility with the vaults option. This will reset all of the pointers in Windchill to your new vault location. This could possibly be done with xconfigmanager as I don't think there are too many vault location references to be changed. Much like moving the database to a new machine, 3 or 4 Windchill settings at it is done. BUT, since PTC has a vault option in the Rehost utility, it could be a little harder than moving the DB.

Have you searched the knowledge base for moving vaults?

Hello

Our windchill version is11 M030 cps15 .why we required only cad data because we have set different lifecycle in customer new implementation. We have changed there customization also. So we required only their cad data not wt part.so it required metadata also.

Can we avoid customization in rehosting. And only takes data in rehosting. 

Please let me know.

Regards.

Dhananjay

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

Only choices then are:

- If only Latest is needed, add all CAD to workspace, export. Import to new system

- If all is needed, use bulk migrator to new system

- rehost all, then delete non-CAD

Hello,

Thanks for reply but deletion of non cad is tough job.Are you  aware any specific tables we delete and archive this.

One more thing can we avoid customization while rehosting and change lifecycle after rehosting  of existing. 

Regards. 

Dhananjay 

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

Rehosting has to be done with the entire database, so no way to separate only CAD.

In general, it's not easily possible to identify the vaulted CAD files (they have filenames like 0062FD2520A).

So, the only practical ways are to rehost and then if really needed 

A) delete all but CAD data

B) create an ACL for DENY READ to all but CAD data

Absolutely do not attempt to delete data directly from any database tables.

Assuming no WTParts, one can delete many WTDocuments quickly and easily - no relationships.

Really don't have any choices other than:

- rehost and then partial delete

- bulk migrator to bring over only partial

Top Tags