cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How to run server Windchill?

VladiSlav
17-Peridot

How to run server Windchill?

Hello, please tell me how to run server Windchill? After an unplanned restart of my computer, I cannot enable Windchill. Tried through programs to start

prog.JPG

and through Windchill Shell to start the windchill start command, but it did not turn out to start the server.
Only one thing helped-restart the computer, then the windchill server starts itself

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:VladiSlav)

Java commands are the Server Manager and Method Servers running when Windchill is started.

Are Windchill, Windchill DS and HTTPServer installed as services?

Are they set to autostart when the system is booted?

If they fail to start, check the log files for any error messages.

You can try to start them manually from their icons on the server desktop or start menu. Start Windchill DS first, then HTTPserver and finally Windchill. Open Task Manager and monitor CPU usage and memory usage. The CPU will get very high as the Method Servers start. Depending on your system speed, start-up could take 45-120 seconds, sometimes 180. CPU usage will drop to almost 0 when everything is up or the system crashes before being up. Watching the memory usage will tell if the system is up or crashed. The usage climbs slowly as each server starts and stays high if the system is up. If the system crashes, there will be a sudden drop in memory usage.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Windchill is usually installed as a service.

You can start it from a Windchill shell, but the process will die when you log off.

Use the Services tab of Task Manager (Server 2012 or newer) and then start Windchill from there.

Windchill should start automatically when the server is rebooted.

ll Java applications are missing from Task Manager.

Tell me, please, what command to run them?

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Java commands are the Server Manager and Method Servers running when Windchill is started.

Are Windchill, Windchill DS and HTTPServer installed as services?

Are they set to autostart when the system is booted?

If they fail to start, check the log files for any error messages.

You can try to start them manually from their icons on the server desktop or start menu. Start Windchill DS first, then HTTPserver and finally Windchill. Open Task Manager and monitor CPU usage and memory usage. The CPU will get very high as the Method Servers start. Depending on your system speed, start-up could take 45-120 seconds, sometimes 180. CPU usage will drop to almost 0 when everything is up or the system crashes before being up. Watching the memory usage will tell if the system is up or crashed. The usage climbs slowly as each server starts and stays high if the system is up. If the system crashes, there will be a sudden drop in memory usage.

t standard start of system the server starts itself without problems. But if there was a failure in the system or the power went out, then the server does not start after, i have to restart the computer.

WindchillDS-it is necessary to start opendj_service.exe? 

Top Tags