cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

How to set or select my own custom workflow to use it with a Change notice instead of the OOTB

lchavarria
10-Marble

How to set or select my own custom workflow to use it with a Change notice instead of the OOTB

Hello all. I hope all of you are great 

Anyone of you know how to select the workflow for the Change Notice depending on the file type. For example I want to use a custom Change notice workflow for the CAD files and also that the change notice workflow for a document file (like a MS Word) use another workflow when the user hit the Create new Change notice option.”

In summary:

Different workflows for different files types when a Change Notice is created.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi

What your are trying to do is not ment to b done using change object. Change management is a harmonized process that tries to trace any need to change on the product Bom(s) and analyse any impact on any related object to the ones impacted by that change. This is why it makes no sens to tries applying a change notice to only one specific types of object. In fact when the change is created it has no idea which type of objects will be impacted by the implementation.

What you want to achieve is the release process of your object (the process to promote state of an object from in work to released for example). this can be done using different LifeCycle template attached to each type of object and each template starts a specific Workflow template. No change object is involved here. If your need is to promote multiple objects at a time in the same workflow then you can use promotion request.

Hope this helps.

Regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi

What your are trying to do is not ment to b done using change object. Change management is a harmonized process that tries to trace any need to change on the product Bom(s) and analyse any impact on any related object to the ones impacted by that change. This is why it makes no sens to tries applying a change notice to only one specific types of object. In fact when the change is created it has no idea which type of objects will be impacted by the implementation.

What you want to achieve is the release process of your object (the process to promote state of an object from in work to released for example). this can be done using different LifeCycle template attached to each type of object and each template starts a specific Workflow template. No change object is involved here. If your need is to promote multiple objects at a time in the same workflow then you can use promotion request.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Thanks for your help. I was misinterpreting concepts.

Thanks again.

Top Tags