cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

How to track with Projectlink for CAD design release to Production.

taruchamy-2
1-Newbie

How to track with Projectlink for CAD design release to Production.

Hi,

I am well versed with PDMLink and know bit of ProjectLink, but not sure how both can be linked together to drivea designproject from "Enquiry to Quote" to production.

Here, there are chances to have more number of workflows (runs parallely and aspredecessor to one another)passes to each and every department and I wanted to createlifecycle model,so that every progress is reflected in the overall project.

Not sure whether WTPart (with sub WTParts as sub-deliverables) should be the top level object.

Please throw a light of start the approach.

Thanks

Murthi

1 REPLY 1
cc-2
6-Contributor
(To:taruchamy-2)

Hello

just some thoughts from me rather than advices.

If you have repeated enquiries from customer which are similar you could create a PJL templates which will include the project plan.

The project plan could also be set to be executed automatically. That is, everytime a stakeholder complete a task, the next one will be automatically informed to start his.

Sales could create a new project, populate some parameters (associated to the project) so you can query and search for particular enquiry. Sales will upload all the documentation, requirements, even use a configurable wtpart to define the customer's requirement.

Then, either by completing their activity (eg provide customer's requirement) or changing the life cycle state of the customer's requirement the next people got informed (could be costing or design engineers, whoever), they do their tasks, complete the activity etc.... etc...

At some point this goes back to Sales with a proposal.

If this enquiries is turned into an order, then you just send the data to PDM, for release to manufacturing (or finalizing the design)

One thing to take into account is how often you create a project. A project is a context and therefore if you create 50 projects per day,,, this may cause some technical issues, Can you server, database, windchill configuration handles so many contexts ?

I have always been told not to have too many context but never new what How Many meant ...........

Hope this helps

Top Tags