cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How to use Windchill's Spreadsheet Upload to attach Describe_By and Referenced_By Document numbers to a Part

hschulze
1-Newbie

How to use Windchill's Spreadsheet Upload to attach Describe_By and Referenced_By Document numbers to a Part

I have datasheets and request emails to attach to parts, hundreds at a time.

I don't want to use the commandline (NMLoader) method, although i have in the past, one reason is that it leaves no traces (iterations).

Is there a way to use ImportSheetType=Document, can I see an example please?

I have been creating parts using Import From Spreadsheet, that works well most of the time.

Hans Schulze

I am surprised that online help doesn't mention this function much.  Was there a manual or guide written for it?

7 REPLIES 7

Hans Schulze‌ - today only loading Part, BOM, AVL/AML and Replacements are supported in the Excel Import/Export framework.

There is a partner Wincom Consulting that does have an Excel based loader for Documents.

Can I put a document in a BOM format upload?

The Excel Import/Export will only operate on WTPart objects today.  This would not work

I have created a tool to generate an NMLoader XML file from VBA.

ftp://ftp.sonic.net/pub/users/bubblecdn/Create_Document_Upload_XML.xlsm

This spreadsheet assumes that you have 0 or 1 Describe-By document, and 0-2 Reference-By documents to upload.  If you need a different configuration, you need to put on your VBA hat, and edit the code.  Note that cell labels are used extensively.

tgudobba
14-Alexandrite
(To:hschulze)

Hans,

Pretty slick spreadsheet, this streamlines the process quite a bit. Thanks for sharing.

I found a bug when updating some parts, that I had to include the MfrName despite that the part numbers were unique to each Mfr.  Just provide the Mfr name or leave it blank.

ftp://ftp.sonic.net/pub/users/bubblecdn/Create_Document_Upload_XML_Mfr.xlsm

sburns
4-Participant
(To:hschulze)

Very nice tool.

Thank you very much for making it available.

Much Appreciated

Scott

Top Tags