cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

How to use softtype Cad Docs in Catia V5

smorrison
3-Visitor

How to use softtype Cad Docs in Catia V5

I have created EPM Doc soft types under the OOTB Windchill: EPM document \ CAD Document .

How I make the new Soft type CAD Document types available for selection in the Catia File - New menu?

2 REPLIES 2

That is the difference between WTDocument subtypes and EPMDocument subtypes. For CAD/EPM Documents, there is no option to select the subtype when you create it from the CAD tool. It is driven through a parameter/property, you can add a custom property to CAT file, called UPLOAD_SOFT_TYPE and set its value to the internal name of the subtype, the one you see in type and attribute manager. The name of the property is controlled with a preference.

Thanks

Binesh Kumar

Binesh,

Thanks for the reply.

I found what you are referring to and have yet to observe its impact.

Below I explain what I am trying to achieve.

Today there are 2 types of CAD Docs that need to be created from Catia and linked to WTParts; and more in the future,

Today: Part CAD Doc (the standard) and Deformed CAD Doc (Custom).

CAD Doc is the standard used for the WTParts,

Deformed CAD Doc is a CAD Doc that is managed as an associated Image to a WTPart that is used to document a state or type of deformation.

I want to be able to choose one of these two in the Catia: File - New menu.

I am experimenting with the EPMDefaultSoftTypes.xml but have not succeeded as of yet.

Thanks for the Help

Scott

Top Tags