cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

I have a couple questions about Promotion Request.....

bradlawrence
9-Granite

I have a couple questions about Promotion Request.....

1st question:  By default, if a reviewer and/or approver is not selected, the request is routed back to the submitter. We do not want that, so is there anyway to make it mandatory that the boxes must be manually checked before submitting?  I know we can enter users under the promotion reviewer and approver roles so they will appear automatically, but we want to manually select the users because they will be different users depending on the request.

2nd question:  We have a customized workflow where it goes to reviewer first, the reviewer must accept or rework or reject.  If accept, it routes to approver.  As you see per below, we have 4 columns, we want only 2 columns per (OOTB).  We have removed the Promotion Reviewers and Promoton Approvers roles with the Context Team to see if that would do the trick, but no luck.................Any suggestion on how to remove Approver and Reviewer columns?

Capture.JPG

Within the workflow, I can click remove the Approver and Reviewer, but it always comes back.

Capture_PR_workflow.JPG

2 REPLIES 2

Great mysteries... But very satisfying when you figure out (incrementally) how to make it do what you want

Do yourself a favor for this and get back to the OTB condition, then methodically make modifications to see where they have effect (I did this in detail lots of times to be able to master this area - complex how all elements interact but flexible because of it):

1. Use a non-production Windchill system

2. Create a Product or Library context and strip out all the Roles except Promotion Approvers and Promotion Reviewers; start with them empty

3. Strip the Promotion Request workflow down to the minimum

4. Reset the preference "Fixed Roles For Promote" at Site level and delete child instances

5. Make sure that Promotion Request OIR is using the OTB site level OIR (disable any at Org or below) - uses "Promotion Request Team"

6. Make sure that the Site level Promotion Request Team has the OTB roles: Approver, Reviewer, Owner and that they are not populated; disable / delete any Promotion Request Team at Org or lower

7. Start methodically working with it in this condition

8. New Prom Req wizard will show the minimum.  Pause, add users to the context team, refresh the wizard, and you immediately see them populated

9. More here, but have to run to a meeting...

note: Can also create a bunch of prom req workflow templates, and list them all in the Promotion Preference Management setting, then easily switch between them in the New Prom Req wizard - saves a lot of time

KD
4-Participant
4-Participant
(To:bradlawrence)

Hi,

Your 1st questions solution is possible but through customization not OOTB configuration.

For your 2nd question.

The no of columns of roles = cumulative no of Roles mentioned in Participants tab of the activity in the whole custom workflow process.

i.e If in your custom workflow there are total 6 different types of roles mentioned then the no of column available will be 6.

Whenever you are checking/unchecking Add,Remove,View for a particular role in Role Setup tab, that's applicable for only that particular Set Up Participant activity task.(In your case the name of the activity is "Review Promotion Request")
In order to remove those two column you have to remove those two roles from every activities Participant tab, email robot etc.

Regards,

Kaushik

Top Tags