cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

I have a user of Windchill who needs to use assistive technology as he can't use a mouse. I was hoping that there is a way that he could navigate Windchill either using voice activation software, or use the keyboard to navigate Windchill.

mashton
3-Visitor

I have a user of Windchill who needs to use assistive technology as he can't use a mouse. I was hoping that there is a way that he could navigate Windchill either using voice activation software, or use the keyboard to navigate Windchill.

Has anyone discovered if it is possible to use Windchill without having to rely on using a mouse? Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
bsindelar
6-Contributor
(To:mashton)

Is your user able to use a touch screen?

Hi, no unfortunately we don't have touch screens.

bsindelar
6-Contributor

Well my thought process here was to get a touch pad tablet device and connect it to your network, as iPad and similar devices would still be able to access Windchill though the browser native to the tablet.  While some functionalities may have issues, the user would still be able to do any activities housed within the web browser itself (workflow task activities, administrative tasks like context team setup depending on the user's ACLs, check out/check in though modification of the object content depends on the tablet's abilities too, like a MS tablet modifying MSWord docs, etc).

Creo or other CAD modification likely is out due to software compatibility.

Maybe not the best solution you'll get on this thread, but something to think about.

RandyJones
19-Tanzanite

Michaela Ashton wrote:

Has anyone discovered if it is possible to use Windchill without having to rely on using a mouse? Thanks in advance.

How about a track ball mouse? Can they use one of them? ie something like this:

Amazon.com: Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball, Computer Wireless Mouse, Long Range Wireless Mouse: Electronics

Top Tags