cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

I'm trying to figure out if 10.1 M030 can create thumbnails and minis for images docs on checkin

wrunck-2
1-Newbie

I'm trying to figure out if 10.1 M030 can create thumbnails and minis for images docs on checkin

Using 10.1 M030. Want to have thumbnails and minis automatically created for documents containing photo images. Currently we have to manually create new representations using the image file as local file source.

10.2 M020 does it automatically on checkin. Can this be enabled for 10.1 M030? If not, does it show up with M040 or M050?

Thanks,

Walter

4 REPLIES 4
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:wrunck-2)

Walter, this is a capability we enabled for the Academic Server at PTC in the fall. By default, Windchill will not create thumbnails for GIF, JPG, PNG, TIFF, etc. You must configure these file types for publishing in the WVS. Take a look at https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS36856 for more details. There are a number of WVS articles in the knowledge base on this topic.

BenPerry
13-Aquamarine
(To:sm)

On a somewhat related note, I am curious if we can have thumbnails auto-generate when a Custom Checkin is selected, and the "Viewables" or "Models and Viewables" option is selected. When these options are selected, a viewable is generated, but no thumbnail. That is confusing to me.

I sometimes see a lag between checkin and thumbnail/mini availability, but they usually show up.

wrunck-2
1-Newbie
(To:sm)

Fantastic Scott. We're going to install it this weekend.

Thanks,

Walter

Top Tags