cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

I see two versions in Approved state ;need inputs below is an explanation of the scenario

jfrancis
4-Participant

I see two versions in Approved state ;need inputs below is an explanation of the scenario

2 approved states.png

I see two versions of an object in Approved state.

Scenario

there seems to be two Change objects on versoin 1.2 "Change Notice" and "Promotion Request"

On investigating the Change notice was executed recently even after the revision of upto 2.4

Is such behaviour acceptable.

1 REPLY 1

Hi Joseph,

this is the OOTB behaviour of Windchill.

Is this acceptable? - yes, it is since Windchill works with config specs or filters.

In most scenarios the user sees only LATEST or LATEST Release/Approved. This filters displays dynamically the correct revision for you to access. And on the history tab you see clearly that this revision was approved and now there is a successor.

BUT there are chances that somebody gets a wrong impression and does mistakes.

1. search with preference to show all revisions -> this can lead to the case that the user picks a wrong one but sees state approved/released.

2. accessing an old revision via a baseline or just by a describe link which is version specific.

Overall I would say you should train you users to take first a look at the upper left corner of the retrieved object. If you see a blue link "Latest" then this might be outdated!!

A practice several customers use is to set the old revisions to obsolete as soon the latest gets to the released state.

This is a rather simple customization of introducing a setState event listener. Unfortunately we do not have this OOTB configurable but it would be worth to introduce this as an idea. I am quite sure there should be already some around.

Top Tags