cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

IMPORT CREO FILES TO WINDCHILL

wfalco
15-Moonstone

IMPORT CREO FILES TO WINDCHILL

Greetings,

We have a situation where we sent files to a vendor and they have changed the CREO assembly and sub-parts. However, we don't know what they changed. We want to put back into Windchill. They sent us a backup folder with files. I imagine we can use the import feature to do this? Does anyone have a documented way of handling this as easily as possible?

Release: 11.0 M030-CPS14

Wayne

3 REPLIES 3
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:wfalco)

Pretty common use case.

1. Add existing to a new workspace. 

2. Lock any that should not change. 

3. Select Workspace, Tools, Import and select all the files.

4. A yellow triangle shows for all files found in Windchill (should be all unless the vendor created others, which will have an orange star indicating New).

5. For those which are modified, make sure Import as Modified is checked

6. Check out those that are Modified, then Check In; may want to add a check in comment.

7. Use various CAD and/or Creo View compare tools to see the differences

Starting in Windchill 11.0 M030 and Creo 4.0 M020 the workspace export/import is even more sophisticated.  In its comparison on import it goes deeper than simply identifying existing files, and understands if the file(s) originated in your system and whether it has been subsequently modified providing further guidance on how to reconcile what is returned from your supplier/partner versus what exists in your windchill system.  I have attached a one slide summary of this capability for your reference.

wfalco
15-Moonstone
(To:MikeLockwood)

Thank you! I shall put this in the arsenal list!

Top Tags