cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Identifying Markups

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Identifying Markups

Does anyone know a way to easily identify which CAD objects have markups associated with them?  Sure, we can go one by one through each object's details page and look at the content tab, but it would be really helpful to know whether or not something has markups from a folder view or a table (like the list of promotion objects.)  Any suggestions?

12 REPLIES 12
Marco_Tosin
21-Topaz I
(To:TomU)

Hi Tom,

have already you looked at this discussion?

Marco

I wasn't able to import the 9.1 query into 11.x, even after updating the embedded URLs 'https://yourpdmlinkdomain.com'.  The QML is human readable and can still be used to reverse-engineer the query for 11.x.

There are also some relevant knowledge base articles that may help in building 11.x reports or SQL queries.  Not sure if the request is exclusively for WTMarkUp associations to CAD Documents or also WTParts to Annotation Sets.

• CS210700 - WTMarkUp to CAD Document relationships
  • CS156270 - Annotation Set/WTMarkUp of CAD Document/WTPart related to a Change Notice/Task

I have just imported the qml in my test system (11.1 M020)

See attached

Marco

I get the same error in 11.0 M030-CPS16, 11.1 M020-CPS08 and 11.2 M010-CPS01 when I select "Upload Report Template from QML".

"NOTIFICATION"

"The file you are attempting to import is invalid.  Only reports exported from Windchill can be imported."

Can you export the QML you were able to import and share the updated QML?

You have to extract the QML files from zip.
Then upload it using the icon in attached image
[cid:image001.png@01D608FD.4BF0D1F0]
Marco

I build reports and import/export QML regularly.  It is just this one that doesn't want to import.

I extracted the QML and updated the URLs to match my test environment before import.  No other changes were made.  I even tried importing the QML without any changes.  In either case, I get the error.

Capture.JPG

The 9.1 QML syntax is significantly different from 11.x.  That is why I asked if you could export what you were able to import.  A QML exported from 11.x is more likely to import into 11.x.

Thanks

I have imported exactly the QML file extracted from the zip attached in the discussion linked.

Have you used the second icon from the right to import the QML?

I think this should solve your problem.

It happens the same some months ago to another user.

Marco

Marco,

The 'upload' icon is what I have been using.

Capture_upload.JPG

I also considered this to be a 'legacy mode' import but couldn't find a setting that would enable legacy QML import.

Preferences.JPG

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Matt

No, I have no idea.

Anyway, you can recreate the report using attached image (you can choose the right type opening the qml files with any text editor). 

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNGCapture3.PNG

Marco
Florent
14-Alexandrite
(To:TomU)

Hello Tom,

you can create an alias attribute that shows the markup name, and add this column to the promotion Object table.

If you're using WTPart, then the formula wouldn't be a bit more tricky.

Florent ROUSSEL
www.4cad.ca
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Florent)

I've never created an alias attribute before, so I'm trying to understand what this string should look like...

I guess for starters, why isn't 'WTMarkUp' listed anywhere in the Type and Attribute Management utility?  (or is it there but hidden?)

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Florent)

Okay, I've figured the database relationships out.  Now I just have to figure out how to translate these to the alias syntax.

SELECT
	edm.CADName,
	ed.versionIdA2versionInfo [Version],
	ed.iterationIdA2iterationInfo [Iteration],
	ed.statestate [State],
	edm.authoringApplication [Application],
	edm.docType [Document Type],
	--di.idA2A2 [Derived Image ID],
	--muv.idA2A2 [MarkUpTheViewable ID],
	--mu.idA2A2 [MarkUp ID],
	--mu.MarkUpType [MarkUp Type],
	--mu.additionalInfo [Additional Info],
	mu.name AS [Markup Name]
FROM
	EPMDocumentMaster AS [edm]
	JOIN EPMDocument AS [ed]
		ON ed.idA3masterReference = edm.idA2A2

JOIN DerivedImage AS [di]
		ON di.idA3A6 = ed.idA2A2

JOIN TheMarkUpTheViewable AS [muv]
		ON muv.idA3B5 = di.idA2A2

JOIN WTMarkUp AS [mu]
		ON mu.idA2A2 = muv.idA3A5

It would be nice if the pencil icon could show up in this new 'Markup' column instead of just the markup name.  Even better, have clicking on the pencil icon directly open Creo View with the associated markup already active.  😀

Top Tags